Saturday, May 22, 2004

Adventure?

one of the big differences between me and my fantastic wife is organization. i don't make plans, she needs to have one. this is what i do: i put myself in a position of many opportunities and have the freetime to capitalize...i call it adventuring. while this is fun for me and is good for my beans (james/semaphoria) as a method to pull her out of the "planning box," it often times puts me in crazy-happy-go-lucky world, and she is home in bed. i will say this in front of the gods and everyone, my wife is a saint for putting up with my in-town late-night wanderlust! she is the shit and, soon, i will be growing out of this silliness...i can already feel myself not wanting to go out and raise as much hell as i used to. my bed with her in it is a good place!
tonight, though, i let myself wander. i went on a random adventure with people i usually don't go with just to see what there was to see! ie. i was leaving my bar to go home for the night after working for eight hours, and some folks jumped on the hood of my car and said "follow us." i did. after stopping at a house that is home to a few random friends of mine (not to mention a pile of large dogs who licked me to death...goddam hippies!), me and my buddy, kent, went to a house party. it was a pleasant mix of people, and i immediately got to talking with a number of complete strangers (one of the conversations was in russian, which is always fun!). after a while, the talk turned to music. now this is where my ego started having fun in spite of me...the conversation turned to local bands and i relayed some knowledge of the people i knew that they were talking about. at that point, one of the guys said "no way" and another guy in the talk said, "this is jaimie keller." at this point, the other guy looked at me as if a veil had been lifted from is eyes and responded, "no fucking shit!" minor celebrity status is fun, no matter where you find it, and that type of shit blows my mind. i just play where i can! i also ran into a few people from completely different circles that were just as surprised to see me as i was to see them. by the end of the night, i had offers for two different studio gigs, and three band invites. all in all a good adventure, and thank you to my beans for being cool enough to let me wander...she really is the best and i love her more than anything!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home