Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Shortbus

i went to see "long beach shortbus" which is the remaining members of "sublime" and "the long beach dub all-stars." it was a fantastic bit of fun for a monday night. i even hauled mini-me and particle man along with me for the debauch. there was lots of drinking and then with the strip clubs and whatnot...actually, when we got back to my place, p-man and i required more beer and food, so we went to the bar two blocks from my house. he protested at the idea of a strip club, but i assured him there would most likely be no stripping anyway and it is a cool bar. well, i was right--the strippers on duty actually were not in demand on stage and sat at the bar with me and p-man for the duration of the night to bs about texas (p-man's home state) and other such silliness. we got our food and plenty good and fucked up...y'all!

so anyone not hip to the british web-toon designer by the name of weebl, you need to get a clue. he and his partner are the creators of the comic, weebl and bob, and their ongoing mission to seek out and consume new pie! http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/

send me tastless jokes please, i am running low at the bar! i will match you one for one in the comments section of this page. i just wish my little brother was smart enough to turn on a computer...he would have the answer!

also...i just had to pause and go hunting for racoons! they are beating my poor mamacat to death and eating all of her food! my loving wife hid my low-power bb-gun repeater which i could have used to scare the hell out of them, so i just had to go into the bush after them bare foot and chested with a stick. the fun part is, if you stay downwind and keep the porch light at your back, they can't see you! they will bumble into arms reach then you can give back what my poor cat has been taking! oh well indeed!

3Comments:

Blogger Thunder said...

long beach shortbus any good? Or very sublime-y? all songs sounding the same?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ivar said...

the shortbus album is hot and cold/mean and mello, like old sublime. you will most likely like a few of the songs on the album at very least; but when it comes to the stage...again, like the old sublime, they are all rock.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Thunder said...

Thx, nice to have two opinions. My friend tried to talk me into going and I just couldn't bring myself to do it on a monday night when every song might possibly sound the same. I'll check them out.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home