Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Ahhh, The Power Of Meat

as i write this, i am in the process (at 0-dark thirty in the morning) of eating the most beautiful piece of meat i have seen in a long time...yes, i just cooked it at 5:30 am...i couldn’t wait. so what you do is, you take a two and a half pound hunk of angus boneless ribeye steak...about three inches thick...you cut it open long ways down the middle and insert sliced whole garlic cloves, kosher rock-salt and pepper...fold it back up and punch holes through the top...then you fill those holes with butter. you then cook it nice and slow, adding cajun spices to go with the garlic. when it is just right there to being past rare, you take it off the steamer grill, pour it’s own sauces over the top of the steak and break out the worcestershire and horseradish, a silver fork and a sharp hunting knife and..........oh...sorry, i made a mess in my pants just now. i hate it when that happens, but i love me some meat!!!

1Comments:

Blogger Thunder said...

must've been in the air. Dan had two giant steaks ready when I got home after work the othernight. And by ready, I mean to your standards. I cut into mine and it moo'd. I put it back into the oven until it was a little pink and no longer bleeding. But I didn't seem to get the same joy from mine as you. But it was good.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home